Monday, December 21, 2009

End of Year School Assembly

Gosh how the year has flown by. To celebrate Christmas and the end of the year the children each did an assembly item with their class. Unfortuneately I don't have many pictures. It was held in the evening and my little didgital camera did not do so well. I also used our antique digital video camera and I do not know how to download the footage I took. So sorry to disappoint. Pictures are so much more interesting.

Ben has just finished a year of pre-primary. He has come so far this year. He reads and writes and has so much sweetness about him that I could eat him. In the video he is the little boy on the left swinging his arms the most. Although you cannot tell, he got right into it and sang the words. He is quite the groover.

Lizzie's item is unfortuneately on the other digital recorder, which is a real shame as you don't get to see the Kangaroo costume that I MADE. It was a complete nightmare I might have you know and then Lizzies teacher was desperate for someone to make 10 pairs of brown shorts for the reindeers, so guess who ended up with them, of course. I am surprised at how many mums can not sew. It was just me and one other Mum to make costumes for 20 children. But the item was by far the best in terms of costume. The kids were quite good as well I quess :). Just kidding. It was a great little item of 'Six White Boomers'. Lizzie loved being the mummy kangaroo and did a great job too.

Lizzie did get to sing in the Indonesian Christmas Carol. Only just. Poor girl got very embarrased as she went on stage to join the Indonesian class but was then pulled off by the student teacher who thought she went up there by mistake. Lizzie tried to go up again during the song only to be pulled off by the same teacher again. After some movement behind the curtain Lizzie finally jumps up on stage again to catch the end of the carol. Poor thing. She sang very well. She got an 'excellent' for Indonesian this year. She rolls her eyes at me when I try to say stuff. Mum just doesn't get it!

Joshua's class did frosty the snowman. I get really anxious when it comes to Josh on stage, as his performance really depends on his mood. Often he can do his item really well but is let down by his nervous energy making him silly. But this year he did just fine and you can see him in the back row swinging side to side the most. What you cannot see is him singing all the words. I think he tried really hard and he did a good job.

.

The assembly was long and tiring. It started at 7pm but we needed to be there at 6.30pm for costumes and rehearsals. After welcomes and awards and thank yous and more awards it was 8pm before any performances started. Then there was a performance for every year from kindy to year 7 and they did not finish until 9pm. Then there was the goodbyes to the year 7's and then the teachers item. It really was too long a night for little children. However, out of all the family I think Blair complained the most followed by Abby. Sigh!

1 comment: